Friday, April 3, 2009

A purpose

I've had a few, failed, personal blogs before. I post a lot when my husband is away, then let it fall by the wayside in the daily grind of family, work, and classes.

The constant, though, is that I read. I am usually in the middle of several at any given time (having finished several this week, I am currently only reading Revolutionary Road), and I find myself wanting to talk about the books I read. 

I won't promise that all the books I talk about or review here will be great books, or even good books. The only commonality may be that I have read them.

A few of the books I'm looking forward to reading (when they are released) in the next few years:
  • A Resurrection of Magic: Sacred Scars, Kathleen Duey (01Aug2009)
  • Catching Fire (second in The Hunger Games trilogy), Suzanne Collins (Sep2009)
  • The History of the Medieval World, Susan Wise Bauer (I've seen a release date next year, but I don't think that's firm)
  • A Dance With Dragons, George R. R. Martin (date unknown).
  • The trilogy that will make up the last Wheel of Time book (because I've stuck it out this far)
  • An Echo in the Bone, Diana Gabaldon (22Sep2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment